UCFB’s Global Institute of Sport (GIS) offers ground-breaking Master’s degree programmes in the football and sports industry utilising a global network of industry leaders and elite stadium venues in the UK, US, Canada and Australia. GIS also hosts a world-class executive education portfolio led by VSI Executive Education (VSI), professional qualifications for students, graduates and sports business people, and an Industry Advisory Board packed with leading names in the world of sport.
GIS is dedicated to the delivery of unrivalled Master’s degree programmes in the strategic, operational and business facets of the football and sport. GIS has developed a profile of pioneering qualifications to enable those working within sport to drive forward their career in the global multi-billion-pound industry. As part of GIS’ degree offering, students also have a choice of studying an online or blended programme to allow them the chance to further their career ambitions from the comfort of their own home and in a timeframe more suitable to their lifestyle.
GIS also has a number of partnerships with some of the leading names in sport, including The Football Association, League Managers Association, The National League and The Rugby Football League, giving students access to some of the biggest and best minds in football and sport.
We’re proud that 82% of Masters graduates are in full-time employment within six months, with two-thirds of those working in sport.
GIS has developed a profile of pioneering Master’s degrees to enable those working within the industry to drive forward their career in this exciting global multi-billion-pound market sector.
As with all of our programmes, our Master’s degrees are taught by leading figures in football business and sport academia. Our students will have the opportunity to hear from and work with leaders from the industry and develop specific interests through a research dissertation.
Each programme has been designed with the worldwide industry suitably in mind to ensure each student gains the best-in-class business and management skills required to be a success across the football, sport and events industries.
Postgraduate degree programmes
- MSc Sports Directorship
- MSc Sport Management
- MSc International Sport Management
- MSc International Sport Management (Online)
- MSc Football Coaching & Analysis
- MSc Football Business
- MSc Football Business (Online)
- MSc Football Communications & Digital Marketing
- MA Football Coaching (Blended)
UCFB Wembley, London, has the iconic Wembley Stadium at the heart of its campus. What could be more motivating for a future career in the sports industry than walking into the most famous stadium in the world?
Our UCFB Wembley campus enjoys excellent facilities with lecture theatres, seminar rooms, quiet study areas, library and media suites to name a few.
The unrivalled facilities at UCFB Wembley include:
- Wembley Stadium - the heart of UCFB Wembley campus;
- The Hive, London - home to the UCFB Academy, Wembley;
- Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre - is a multi-sport leisure centre;
- The Drum Theatre & Conference Centre - Located directly opposite Wembley Stadium, The Drum is a contemporary events space at the heart of the regeneration of Brent. As well as modern event areas, the facility offers onsite catering and benefits from its great accessibility to central London;
- Vale Farm Sports Centre - Just a short walk from North Wembley Underground station (Bakerloo), Vale Farm features a number of facilities including a 3G football pitch, tennis courts, a state-of-the-art gym and sports hall for numerous sporting activities;
- UCFB Study Hub - a modern student facility includes a library, study hub and social space, as well as pastoral and learning support drop-in services;
- Purushottam Mahal Sports Hall - Part of the Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Complex in Kingsbury, the sports hall is just a short walk from Kingsbury Underground Station (Jubilee);
- Forum House – the home of the UCFB Study Hub, library, media suite and contemporary lecture theatres;
- Crescent House – features modern learning spaces;
- Hendon FC – home to various UCFB football teams and practical and theoretical teaching space for coaching programmes.
UCFB Etihad Campus
UCFB Etihad Campus is our state-of-the-art campus devoted to the football industry in the heart of Manchester – one of the world’s most famous footballing cities with a thriving student population.
With the Etihad Stadium at the heart of the campus, students can live, learn and work at the centre of one of Europe’s most progressive football facilities. With impressive on-site facilities available to aid your studies, including stunning lecture theatres and seminar rooms, student social areas and cafeteria, library, media suite and quiet study zones, it is hard not to be inspired by your surroundings.
The world-class facilities available at the Etihad Campus include:
- Etihad Stadium - The 55,000 capacity Etihad Stadium sits at the heart the Etihad Campus;
- Manchester Sports Village, Belle Vue - the teaching location for all non-football students at UCFB Etihad Campus;
- Curzon Ashton - UCFB utilises the facilities available at Curzon Ashton including a 3G pitch;
- National Basketball Centre - The National Basketball Centre, located next to Manchester Sports Village, boasts three courts with markings for basketball and netball. It also includes a leisure centre, dance studio and community gym;
- UCFB Study Hub @ Piccadilly Place – Located directly opposite Piccadilly Station and in the heart of Manchester, this brand new modern student facility;
- Manchester Regional Arena – an eight-lane track and field arena with capacity for 6,500 spectators. The space was originally used as a warm-up area during the 2002 Commonwealth Games;
- National Squash Centre – the home England Squash and Manchester Squash Club;
- Manchester Tennis & Football Centre – a mix of six indoor and three outdoor courts fully floodlit to LTA standards, along with three 5-a-side 3G football pitches;
- The National Speedway Stadium – home to Belle Vue Aces and a number of teaching spaces;
- The National Cycling Centre – one of the world’s finest and fastest board tracks, home of British Cycling and the UK’s only permanent indoor BMX track;
- Ten Acres Lane Sports Complex – home of the National Taekwondo Centre. The facility also provides a modern 3G football pitch.
Both campuses feature libraries with a wide range of textbooks available to aid your studies. State-of-the-art computer suites are also available, allowing students access to the best technology and equipment available on a daily basis.
The Students’ Union’s role is to represent UCFB and GIS students and make your time here as exciting and rewarding as possible. The SU is also responsible for student involvement around each campus, such as planning unforgettable social events and being the student voice and point of contact with senior management.
Each member of the SU is elected to their post and takes great pride in their role. The SU is in charge of organising the always incredible annual Freshers’ Week at the start of each academic year. The week-long party is a great opportunity for new students to meet and includes live music, a trip to a football match and fun games around London and Manchester – depending on your campus – to get to the know the area.
During your time at GIS, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a number of fun and unique trips that will live long in the memory. Previous trips have included a day at Cheltenham Races, boat parties and exclusive nightclub events.
The UCFB Athletic Union enables UCFB and GIS students to take part in a number of sports during their time here, whether competitive or recreational.
We have teams across both campuses for male and female students, including football, rugby, squash and basketball, with more sports being added all the time.
A number of our teams compete in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) leagues and tournaments – the leading organiser of competitive activity among universities. Our football teams across both campuses have enjoyed particular success in recent years. If a sport you play doesn’t have a team at UCFB and GIS, there may be an opportunity to establish one. Our sports coordinators are always happy to help and discuss new ideas to broaden the activities on offer to students.
Students who wish to participate in individual sports activities are also encouraged to compete and will be supported by the institution to enter competitions throughout their time here.
For students who prefer to observe rather than participate, there are also opportunities to join the matchday media teams of UCFB’s respective sides. The chance to film matches, interview players and write match reports not only aids students promoting each other’s successes, but it’s also an opportunity for budding sports media professionals to enhance their skill-set.
Living in London
London is the epitome of a world city. In recent years, major studies have revealed it to be the most desirable place on earth to work, the UK’s favourite city, the ‘capital of Europe’ and the world’s most popular tourist destination. Not bad going for the capital of a country little over half the size of California.
While Wembley is situated in the north-west of London, convenient access to the Underground’s Metropolitan and Jubilee Lines means that central attractions and amenities can be reached in just 20 minutes by train. With this in mind, it’s easy to see why so many students choose to enrol at UCFB Wembley.
Living in Manchester
Manchester is synonymous with footballing success and is home to two of the Premier League giants, Manchester City and Manchester United. Aside from football, there are large followings for rugby league, rugby union, cricket and cycling too. Live music is also at the heart of this city, with many famous venues that the likes of Oasis and The Stone Roses graced showcasing bands on a nightly basis. Shopping, museums, bars and restaurants also make this city one of the UK’s finest.
GIS global study hubs
GIS global study hubs are located in some of the world’s most exciting sports destinations. New York’s Red Bull Arena, Atlanta’s brand new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Toronto FC’s BMO Field and the Melbourne Cricket Ground, will all play host to week-long GIS Global Summits around the world, enabling students and graduates to enhance their knowledge and expertise of the international sports industry.
M11 3FF Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Wembley National Stadium
HA9 0WS London, England, United Kingdom