A world-leader in management education, research and consultancy for over 50 years, Cranfield School of Management is an exclusively postgraduate business school whose mission is to improve the practice of management. We have a global reputation for developing high-performing leaders in technology and management - encouraging them to transform their organisations and wider society.
Renowned for our strong links with industry, Cranfield is both about business and for business. We are a centre of world-class research, expertise and teaching, providing practical management solutions through a range of activities including leadership, finance, marketing and logistics.
We are one of an elite group of Schools worldwide to hold the triple accreditation from AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) and AMBA (the Association of MBAs).
What makes Cranfield School of Management unique?
- Unrivalled teaching experience. Your tutor group will have no more than six students, ensuring close contact and continuous support.
- A mature learning environment. As we are a postgraduate only university, you will be surrounded by like-minded individuals who are driven to succeed in their chosen career.
- Career-focused learning. Because our teaching is exclusively focused on postgraduate and executive levels, it is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence, and places huge emphasis on real-world challenges.
- Our extensive alumni network. You will join our network of 65,000+ graduates, many of who now hold senior roles within some of the world’s leading organisations. We are ranked second in the UK for graduate employment (DLHE longitudinal survey, 2017).
Cranfield School of Management consistently performs well in the major school and programme specific rankings, reinforcing our position as a top global management school.
- School of Management: 7th in the UK and 44th in Europe in the Financial Times European Business Schools 2019 Rankings
- MBA full-time: 9th in the UK, 18th in Europe and 76th in the world in the Financial Times 2019 ranking of full-time MBA programmes
- Executive MBA: 7th in the UK, 64th in the world and 8th in the world for career progression in the Financial Times ranking of Executive MBA programmes 2018
- Management MSc: The Economist Which MBA? Masters in Management (MiM) 2019 ranking Cranfield School of Management’s Management MSc achieved the following rankings: 3rd in the UK and 30th in the world, 1st in the UK and 9th in the world for percentage of job-seeking graduates with a job offer three months after graduation
- Management MSc: 5th in the UK and 55th in the world in the Financial Times Masters in Management 2018 ranking
- Finance and Management MSc: 9th in the UK and 39th in the world overall in the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Finance Rankings 2019
- Strategic Marketing MSc 5th in the UK and 16th in the world by QS World University Rankings: Masters in Marketing Rankings 2020
Future career prospects
The Cranfield University has over 65,000 alumni. At Cranfield we are committed to providing a world-class programme of inclusive and lifelong services to our alumni. Find out more about our alumni.
Notable Cranfield alumni
Warren East, CEO of Rolls-Royce; John McFarlane, Executive Chairman of Barclays; Ombola Johnson, Minister for Communication Technology Nigeria; Charlie Mayfield, Chairman, John Lewis Partnership; and Garry Copeland, Managing Director - Operations, British Airways.
Cranfield University campus is 40 minutes away from central London by train, with nearest towns being Milton Keynes and Bedford. London Luton airport is the closest to the University, while Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted are all easily accessible via train and coach.
Cranfield Defence and Security is around 50 mins from London by train and around 25 mins from Bristol by train. Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
We offer both catered and self-catered on campus accommodation, from halls of residence to shared houses, apartments for couples to houses for families.
The University can also help to find private accommodation in nearby towns and villages. University rooms on the Shrivenham campus are generally reserved for military students.
Please visit our website to find out more about our accommodation