Keimyung University was founded in 1954 by Reverend Edward Adams, an American missionary of the Northern Presbyterian Church of the United States, and by Reverends Choi Jaehwa and Kang Ingu, two local Presbyterian Church leaders.
The founding principle guiding their concerted efforts was to provide Koreans with higher education firmly anchored in Christianity. The opening of the university also reflected the perceived need for higher education as a vehicle with which to reconstruct the war-ravaged nation and a means of perpetuating the time-honoured spirit of the Korean people.
Making strides to become a world leader in higher education, Keimyung University has expanded its global network and now offers a variety of international programs. With a long history of international exchange and cooperation with institutions around the world, Keimyung University has forged exchange partnerships with 262 universities and organizations in 49 countries.