In the period of more than 50 years, the Perm State Technical University has greatly contributed to the development of education, science, and culture being promoted in Perm Kray, the Urals, and Russia.
As a legal successor and tradition keeper of the Perm Institute of Mines as well as the Perm Technical Institute the University has become a multifield institution of higher education, that provides high-quality training and retraining of workers in a big range of technical, engineering specializations as well as natural science, economic-management and socio-humanities.
In the time of knowledge economy and innovations, the University provides training for new generation specialists, shapes modern progressive world-view, develops all-human and professional competencies that allow the graduates to get adapted to the socio-cultural life of Russia and first-rate countries.
Based on competence and experience of the faculty the mission of the University is the provision of the following points:
- Satisfaction of citizen and society needs in high-qualitative higher, graduate, and additional professional education;
- Realization of fundamental and applied scientific researchers on the level of international achievements;
- Stimulation of knowledge and technology promotion, development of innovation-based market infrastructure;
- Personal versatile education of a future specialist showing high level of expertise, culture, refinement, social activity and features of a patriot citizen;
- The arrangement of conditions to make information resources and generated knowledge accessible to the population.
The University is going on to develop its activities based on the unities of educational, scientific and innovational processes and pass ahead of the educational content development of practical professional activity as well as take hands-on activities in the formation of a global education and research space, contribute to the success of its graduates in the competitive environments.
Komsomolsky pr., 29
614990 Perm, Perm Krai, Russia