About Nord University
Nord University was established on January 1, 2016, after a merger between University of Nordland, Nord-Trøndelag University College and Nesna University College.
Nord University offers studies at bachelor, master and doctoral levels. The university has study locations in Central and Northern Norway, with state of the art teaching and research facilities, located in a spectacular northern setting. Nord University also facilitates a range of flexible and online study programmes via the active use of learning technology.
Nord University has a focus on developing regional networks with communities, business and industry, which is strengthened by a decentralised model. Cooperation between the university and community and working life stimulates development, through the education of professionals and leaders and through research that contributes to economic growth.
Nord University has established collaborations with international partners in the High North and around the globe. Established joint degree programmes and research projects with, among others, Russia, the Ukraine and Slovakia, build on strong educational networks. Nord University admits exchange students from partner institutions from around the world and supports a lively and diverse student community.
- 12,000 students
- 1,200 employees
- 9 study locations in Vesterålen, Bodø, Mo i Rana, Sandnessjøen, Nesna, Namsos, Steinkjer, Levanger and Stjørdal.
- Almost 40% of Norway's coastline
- Country's largest agricultural region
- Third largest teacher education institution
- Fourth largest nursing community
- 4 doctoral programmes
- Internationally-oriented teaching and research communities.
ORGANISATION AND MANAGEMENT
The Board of Nord University is the institution's highest governing body. The current board is appointed for the period 01.01.2016 - 31.07.2019. The Chairman of the Board is Vigdis Moen Skarstein. Bjørn Olsen is University Rector.
- Nord University Business School
- Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
8026 Bodø, Nordland, Norway