The Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (MISI) is a private university under the Malaysian Ministry of Education funded by the Government of Malaysia and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2011. It is the fourth member of the MIT Global SCALE (Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence) Network.
MISI’s objectives are:
- Deliver world-class Graduate and Executive Education Programs in Supply Chain Mangement.
- Conduct applied research that meets the highest international standards of academic rigor in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, and Procurement
- Actively engage industry to create and disseminate cutting edge supply chain knowledge and innovation
MIT – Malaysia Master's in Supply Chain Management
The Master of Science Degree in Supply Chain Management (MSCM) from the Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation offers unique research and educational environment for students. A strong partnership between academia, industry, and the government has been fostered to create and disseminate innovative supply chain knowledge.
- Diverse student body. Our class sizes are small with a high faculty to student ratio. The student body represents a wide range of countries and cultures, with over 50%.
- International exposure. Our students work with local and multinational companies on their theses and often work in Asia after graduation.
- Unique challenges. Where else can you find supply chains that have to contend with coups, piracy, tsunamis, and elephant transportation while also having the most sophisticated and largest container ports in the world?
- Dynamic location. Countries in Asia have some of the highest GDP growth rates in the world. The ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries have a combined population of 600 million people and a GDP of $1.5 trillion. International trade is growing and supply chain management is integral to this growth.
- Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Lumpur (or "KL") is one of the world's great megacities and offers numerous opportunities and challenges for supply chain operations (For example, Schlumberger employs MISI alumni at its global procurement services hub in Kuala Lumpur). KL is an extremely vibrant city with a rich culture, low cost of living, and wonderfully warm weather all year long.
- Travel. KL's prime location means that travel to other Asian countries in the region is fast, quick, and very cheap. Some of the world's most beautiful beaches (Langkawi, Phuket, Ko Samui, Bali), historic sites (Angkor Wat in Cambodia, Ayutthaya in Thailand), and cities (Bangkok, Singapore, Yangon, HCM City, Jakarta, Shanghai) are just a short trip away.
- Hi-tech industries. Malaysia is the sourcing choice for many hi-tech supply chains including Dell, Intel, Seagate, and more. Our students have opportunities to visit manufacturers in Malaysia to gain an understanding of low cost country sourcing first hand.
MSCM Program Details at a Glance
10-month full time | 6-month accelerated | Global Masters (with Zaragoza Logistics Center) | Part-time
Language of Instruction:
Graduates receive a Master of Science in Supply Chain Management degree awarded by the Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation, and a Graduate Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, awarded by the MIT Global SCALE Network.
10-Month full time:
- Tuition: RM 97,500, Medical insurance, and living expenses are not included.
- A budget of RM 2,500-5,000 per month for living expenses is recommended for single students.
- Tuition: 66% of 10-month tuition plus online fees.
- Tuition: RM 63,250 (scholarship available)
Global Master of Engineering in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (GSCM):
- Tuition: 28,000€
*Note 1USD = 4.2RM (November 15, 2019)
- MISI offers full and partial scholarships. Bank loans may be available to all applicants who have received written confirmation of acceptance to the program.
Career Resources and Alumni Relations
MISI has staff dedicated to bringing in companies for interviews and helping the students find jobs. Upon graduation, students join an elite group of SCALE alumni and enjoy:
- Associate member status in the MIT Alumni Association
- Full participation in all MIT CTL alumni activities
48200 Selangor, Selangor, Malaysia