A Group dedicated to higher education
Created in 1988, La Rochelle Business School was one of the first higher education groups in France. The Group not only has a solid presence in the local region but also on an international level, supported by a major network of partner universities and companies both within France and worldwide.
The Group is independent and autonomous in its decision-making as well as being multidisciplinary and multi-campus, and today boasts 5 different schools, sharing a strong identity, focusing on employability and responsibility.
1 Group / 5 Schools
The Group includes La Rochelle Business School, La Rochelle School of Tourism & Hospitality, La Rochelle Digital School, La Rochelle Academy and La Rochelle Corporate.
- Bachelor Business – BBA International – Maser in Management – MSc and MBA
- Ranked in the Top 20 of the best French business schools
- A School that is AACSB accredited for all programmes and EPAS accredited for both the BBA International and the Master in Management.
- Bachelor in Tourism and Hospitality – MSc in Tourism & Destination Management – MBA International Hospitality Management - MBA International Event Management
- The only French school whose courses are UNWTO.TedQual accredited.
- Bachelor in Web Design and Graphic Communications
- Bachelor Foundation Year
- Business Foundation Programme
- Summer and Winter Schools
- French as a Foreign Language
- Executive Education and corporate services.
WE OFFER PROGRAMMES TAUGHT IN FRENCH OR IN ENGLISH.
A campus with a global outlook
As a university city par excellence, La Rochelle attracts students, teachers, and lecturers from all around the world. On the city campus, this cultural diversity constitutes a veritable richness, where different experiences can be shared.
International students represent 22% of the student body
The Group welcomes some 3500 students, 785 of whom were international, representing 82 different nationalities. In addition, 41% of the teaching faculty is made up of international research lecturers and business lecturers.
This international element represents a genuine asset for the entire ‘community’ of our Group, introducing different cultural aspects and international experiences, thereby enabling a better understanding of business… on a global level. It also provides us with the opportunity of developing professional skills that are in line with both the issues facing and the needs of, international companies.
Accreditations and Rankings
Financial Time Ranking
In 2014, after receiving AACSB accreditation, La Rochelle Education Group featured in the Financial Times prestigious international rankings. Today, this ranking includes 95 major business schools, of which 24 are French. This year, La Rochelle Business School was ranked 5th in the category ‘International course experience’ for its Master in Management programme.
AACSB, a guarantee of international excellence
Since 2013, La Rochelle Business School has been AACSB accredited, an international label of excellence held by only 5% of business schools worldwide.Founded in 1916, AACSB is the oldest of accreditations, whose aim is to evaluate the School’s mission, the qualifications of the faculty, intellectual contributions and the education programmes, with a view to ensuring overall quality and continuous improvement.
In 2009, La Rochelle School of Tourism & Hospitality obtained UNWTO.TedQual certification for all of its programmes, the first French school of tourism to have done so. This ensures that the School is recognized in the tourism industry on an international level. The accreditation was renewed in 2014 for the maximum period of 4 years
FLE Qualité – the French as a Foreign Language quality label
The IEF French Language Institute within La Rochelle Education Group has received the FLE Qualité label for its foundation courses in French as a foreign language.The label is awarded by three different ministries (Ministry for National Education, Higher Education and Research, Ministry for Culture and Communication and Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Development) and is a guarantee of quality as regards the services offered (admissions, welcome, accommodation, administrative support, facilities), the education provided and the programmes on offer.
- 1988: La Rochelle Education Group was founded
- 3500 students on campus
- 785 international students
- 14 500 graduates
- 82 nationalities
- 41% international professors
- 170 partner universities accross 48 countries
- 50 student associations and clubs
- 102 permanent faculty (of which 72 in management science)
- 58 research professors
- 204 management practitioners
- 57 key corporate partners
- 12 000 m² of premises