ISARA-Lyon is a French "grande école" (graduate college) specialized in agricultural, food and environmental science. It is recognized by the French Ministry of Agriculture. ISARA offers a wide range of Bachelor and Master level curricula in agronomy, food and environmental science. We also develop research activities and advisory services, mainly in two fields:
- Sustainable food systems
- Educate the future managers with a high level of scientific knowledge and ethical responsibility, who are able to anticipate and support the societal changes to meet the national and international challenges in food, agriculture, and environment.
- Develop international excellence in Agroecology and Sustainable food systems
- Participate in a development beneficial to most of the population, support project development and innovation, develop scientific and technical knowledge.
- Participate in the public debate, and support the emergence of new ideas pertaining to science and society, economics and politics.
ISARA-Lyon offers several study programmes, among which:
- ISARA-Lyon Engineering Degree can be followed as a full-time student or apprentice after successful completion of secondary education, and can also be undertaken via continuing education or, for those without entry-requirement qualifications, through validation of prior work experience.
- European MSc (CGE) in Agroecology coordinated in conjunction with the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (Norway) and in partnership with other European and American universities.
- MSc (CGE) in Agroecology and Organic Agriculture with Wageningen University (The Netherlands).
- European MSc Sustainable Food Systems in partnership with several European universities.
ISARA-Lyon moved in 2007 on a new campus offering excellent facilities including:
- 9 technological and scientific laboratories
- 1 food technology platform
- 1 business incubator accompanying innovative entrepreneurs in the agricultural and food sector
Professional environment and students’ employability:
ISARA-Lyon is established in Lyon, in the south-east of France, in a very dynamic environment close to companies, research centers and professionals working in agriculture, food industry, rural development and environment sectors. It is situated on the AGRAPOLE site, a cluster of excellence specialized in agriculture and food, which includes over 50 professional organizations of these sectors.
A study in Lyon, a vibrant city:
Lyon is the 2nd ranking city in France as regards to its student population. Lyon has endowed with rich cultural and gastronomic traditions and its old city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Our eventful city offers an exceptional quality of life. Lyon’s 130,000 students have many opportunities to enjoy fascinating places and events, for instance the evening parties organized on riverside barges, the renowned “Lights” (Fête des Lumières), the Dance Festival (Biennale de la Danse), the Nuits de Fourvière music, dance and theatre festival, the roller-blade tours to discover Lyon by night… Lyon has all the amenities of a big city while being easy to negotiate on foot. Outdoor leisure activities abound thanks to Lyon’s favorable location close to the mountains and the sea.
ISARA-Lyon in figures:
- 900 students
- 100 permanent staff members
- 200 external speakers from the academic and professional world