EICAR, The International Film and Television School of Paris, was founded in 1972. The School has developed over the years to become a major European film and television school offering students from all over the world the largest range available today of up to date hands-on practical education in filmmaking both in English or French.
Our Mission is to prepare our students for the international job market
- We are committed to helping students acquire the professional artistic and technical skills necessary in order to enter and build a career in the audiovisual industry.
- We are committed to providing hands-on training. Our students are taught to be doers: over half the syllabus in any course is therefore assigned to practical shoots and film assignments.
- We help develop our students' sense of team effort, their flexibility, and leadership. The spirit of collaboration encouraged at the school permits students to prepare for their future professional life and the different types of film and television shoots they will have to adapt to during their careers.
- Over 300 films (shorts, documentaries, television adverts, news reporting...) are shot each year.
- The school's acting department trains actors for the explicit demands of working in front of the camera and therefore students collaborate with the directing department for actor directing courses and for filmmaking.
- We enable our students to work within multicultural teams, broadening their vision and attaining greater creative scope: over 60 nationalities are present within the school's student and staff community.
We offer a wide range of courses Our key departments are:
- Filmmaking: Majors in Directing, Cinematography, Screenwriting, Production, and Editing
- Sound: Majors in Film & Television, Music, and Live shows
- News reporting and coverage
- BTS: technical training a French syllabus accredited by the Ministry of education in Production, sound, cinematography, editing
Our departments offer:
- Postgraduate courses: MFA in Filmmaking accredited by the European Accreditation Board of Higher Education Schools – Eabhes
- Undergraduate 3 year Bachelor courses accredited by Eabhes and 2-year courses leading to the French BTS examination in Production management, Cinematography, Sound, and Editing
- One year undergraduate program in screenwriting and hands-on filmmaking
- Summer filmmaking courses
Parc des Portes de Paris
50 Avenue du Président Wilson, bâtiment 136
BP 131, La Plaine Saint-Denis - FRANCE
93214 Paris, Île-de-France, France