About the faculty
The former University of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering in Pilsen (VŠSE) was founded in autumn 1949 as part of the Czech Technical University in Prague. Since 1950, it has been a separate faculty, and in 1953 it received an independent university position headed by the Rector and began to develop rapidly. At this time, only one electrotechnical department called "Department of Electrical Engineering" was a part of the faculty. The Faculty of Electrical Engineering (shortcut FEE) was established at the same time as the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in 1960 by a division of the University of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering in Pilsen. New branches focused on electrical power engineering, electronics and computers were added.
At present, it is a part of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, which was established on September 28, 1991.
According to the main research and development activities, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering is divided into five departments and one R&D center:
- Department of Applied Electronics and Telecommunication (KAE),
- Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Environmental Engineering (KEE),
- Department of Technologies and Measurement (KET),
- Department of Electromechanics and Power Electronics (KEV),
- Department of Theory of Electrical Engineering (KTE),
- Regional Innovation Centre for Electrical Engineering.
In the field of educational activities, the faculty provides university education in bachelor, master and doctoral study programs. It also provides its services in the field of life-long education.
In the field of research, development, and innovation, the faculty focuses on solving basic and applied research projects. The Faculty has long-term experience in solving a number of national and international grant projects and contract research projects. The Faculty has been demonstrating in the long term the ability to successfully apply the results of its research and development activities in practice - this can be documented by a number of industrial applications that have been created on the basis of long-term cooperation with significant companies beyond the Pilsen region.
301 00 Pilsen 3, Plzeň Region, Czech Republic