With a vibrant and innovative attitude, we are for the 6th year, the Best Private University Center of Mines and, for the 7th consecutive year, the Best Private University Center of BH; according to the IGC (General Index of Courses) published by the Ministry of Education (INEP / MEC) in March / 2017 - the main national indicator of the quality of higher education in Brazil.
Our position as the Best Private University Center for Mines is a result of our commitment to the solid professional and human training of our students.
We have more than 50 undergraduate courses, including undergraduate, undergraduate and technological degrees, and several are ranked in the Editora Abril Student Guide (with 62 stars in the 2017 edition of the Guide) and in the University of São Paulo (RUF) University Ranking.
Our Graduate Program offers more than 60 specialization courses and 2 master's degrees in the areas of Administration and Social Management, Education and Local Development, ranked among the Best in Brazil by the Coordination of Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (CAPES).
Commitment and passion
All this work is applied by professors, masters and doctors, of recognized academic and market competence, with the support of experienced and passionate collaborators for education. Both of them receive all the support of Una regarding training and professional development, as well as all attention to the human and personal side.
We are one of the 100 best places to work in Brazil, for the 6th consecutive year (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016), elected by the Instituto GPTW / Época Magazine. In 2016, in a survey conducted by GPTW, we were also elected the 2nd best company to work in Minas, in the "more than 1,000 employees" category. And in 2017, we were considered, for the 2nd consecutive year, the best company for women to work in Brazil.
Throughout our 56 years of experience in higher education, celebrated on October 20, we arrived in 2016 with 16 units in Minas Gerais and Goiás, located in Belo Horizonte, Betim, Bom Despacho, Catalão, Contagem, Divinópolis, Nova Serrana, Pouso Alegre, Sete Lagoas and Uberlândia.
These achievements have only been and are possible with the daily commitment to build an environment of inspiring teaching and learning that awakens in people the passion for a full life and respect for the characteristics of each.
Mission, vision and values
With the effective participation and direct contribution of more than 2000 people, among teachers and employees, we build our mission and vision, in a great example of how it is possible to construct the future of Una in a collective way.
Transform the country through education with competence and passion, inspiring our students, teachers and collaborators to realize their dreams and potential as individuals, professionals and agents of transformation of society.
To be recognized as the Institution of Higher Education with the greatest educational impact of the country, valued by quality education, professional development and the workability of its students and graduates.
- Our chart of values
Una has built its Charter of Values, with five fundamental principles that guide all decisions of the Institution. It is the true compass that will move everyone toward achieving a dream driven by our mission, which is to transform the country through education, training professionals for the labor market, guided by ethical behavior and citizen attitude, through academic excellence and and the adoption of modern teaching practices.
- Cooperation - Cooperate is to work together in a healthy relationship of interdependence, for common goals and mutual benefits. Cooperation strengthens team spirit, solidarity, and instills our capacity to share information, knowledge and experiences.
- Transparency - It is the responsible and double-handed practice of truth and integrity, which implies coherence between what is thought and what is done, considering the points of view of others.
- Respect - It is to be aware of our rights and obligations, as well as the other, understanding and accepting individual differences and asserting our regard for human values.
- Commitment - It is to look beyond personal interests, the interests of others and the institution, making a commitment to building a better world.
- Innovation - It's different. It is to develop the capacity to imagine what does not exist. It is questioning the routine and the habits. It is learning to live with the unknown, the different, the amazing and the new. It is turning the dream into reality.
Programs taught in:
- Portuguese (Brazil)