Established in 1966, we are building on 50 years of achievement with a vision to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates. With core values of integrity, courage, innovation and excellence, and an underlying ethos of being student centred, Flinders University has a bold mission of Changing lives and changing the world.
Headquartered in Adelaide, South Australia, we offer exceptional teaching on campus and online, with a physical presence extending across multiple locations from regional Victoria to the Northern Territory.
Our six college structure is designed to support education and research excellence, and student success.
- College of Business, Government and Law
- College of Education, Psychology and Social Work
- College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
- College of Medicine and Public Health
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- College of Science and Engineering
Over 90 percent of our research is rated world-standard or above.
Research is a fundamental cornerstone of our mission as a University. Through research and research-led teaching, we build and develop the knowledge and capabilities that improve lives and enhance society as a whole. Major research areas include:
- Autonomous vehicles
- Clean technology
- Energetic materials
- Health and medical
- Labour and industry transformation studies
- Marine and maritime research
- Medical devices
- Nanotech and analytical chemistry
- Psychology and neuroscience
- Water and the environment.
Research and creative endeavour have been at the core of Flinders University’s identity since its inception, and with more than 45 Research Centres and Institutes, we aim to triple our research income by 2025.
We recognise that careers are evolving and the workplaces and industries of the future will be very different from today.
That is why we are giving our students the edge with the opportunity to learn innovation and enterprise skills in preparation for the careers of tomorrow.
Powered by the Fox School of Business, a US top ten business school for entrepreneurship and our very own New Venture Institute, we’re enabling students from across the University to develop vital skills in the personal enterprise.
In an era of disruptive technology, these are the skills employers are looking for, from critical thinking to problem solving and creativity.
- Rated no. 1 in Australia across 9 categories for international student experience
- Over 4,600 international students from more than 90 countries
- Over 100 partner institutions across 33 countries
- Total international students in June 2016
Onshore – 2,776
Offshore – 1,818
- In 2016 Flinders achieved 15% growth in onshore international commencing students ^ and established in-country representatives in India, China and Vietnam.
- Nine offshore programs: India, Japan, Vietnam, China, Laos, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Indonesia
This school offers programs in: