Education and Human Sciences has the people, the programs and a proven track record that stretches across three centuries. We are dedicated to enhancing the lives of individuals, families, schools and communities and strengthening the relationships among them. CEHS is a college that lives out its mission every day and is truly focused on helping you make a difference.
The College of Education and Human Sciences is dedicated to enhancing the lives of individuals, families, schools, and communities and to strengthening the relationships among them.
In pursuing our mission, the faculty, staff, students, and graduates of the College of Education and Human Sciences are guided by shared values that inform every aspect of our work. Specifically, we value:
- Excellence in all aspects of the life of the College;
- Innovation, creativity, and curiosity as we address the complex issues facing individuals, families, schools, and communities;
- Respect for diverse people, ideas, voices, and perspectives;
- Multidisciplinary approaches to scholarship that integrate teaching and learning, research, scholarship, and creative activity, outreach, and service;
- Working together to positively impact the lives of individuals, families, schools, and communities;
- Partnering with people in the community to support the mission and vision of the College of Education and Human Sciences;
- Emphasizing the creation of new knowledge and its application to human and community needs thereby combining the strengths of a research and a land-grant university