The University of Toulon was founded in 1968 and is an interdisciplinary institution with 3 campuses. The University offers a hundred different degrees (excluding medical school) and operates 15 Research Units. The University of Toulon works closely with the region’s social and economic institutions to tailor its academic programs and research activities to their needs offering numerous internship and employment opportunities.
About the University
- 10,066 students in 2018-2019
- 3 campuses: Toulon, La Garde - La Valette-du-Var, Draguignan
- €83,83 million budget in 2017
- 9 Faculties offering nearly 70 different degrees
- 500 full-time professors
- 750 part-time lecturers in 2017/2018
- 450 administrative and technical staff
- 15 Research Units as well as 2 doctoral schools
La Garde Campus
The Campus in La Garde is the University of Toulon’s (UTLN) main campus. Over the past 40 years, the campus has continually expanded. Located close to a commercial district and industrial park, the tree-filled campus now occupies 35 hectares in La Garde and La Valette-du-Var.
The Campus in La Garde is the University’s headquarters. You will find the Office of the President /Vice-Chancellor, General Services, the principal administrative departments including research, student life, and international relations.
There are also 2 libraries (BU) on the La Garde campus: The main library and the SeaTech School of Engineering library.
There is also a gym and a synthetic grass football pitch.
The main campus in La Garde accommodates the following faculties and departments:
- The Faculty of Literature and Humanities
- The Faculty of Sciences and Technology
- The Faculty of Physical Education and Sports Studies (STAPS)
- 6 Departments of the IUT: TC, GEA, GIM, GMP, GEII et Génie Bio
- SeaTech School of Engineering
- Continuing Education Department (FTLV)
- Doctoral School 548 “Sea and Sciences”
The following faculties and institutes will relocate to the new downtown Toulon campus in September 2014:
- The Ingémédia Faculty of Information and Communication
- The Faculty of Economics and Management
- The Institute of Business Administration (IAE)
- The Doctoral School 509 “Comparative Euro-Mediterranean Civilisations and Societies”
The La Garde campus also welcomes all of the Research Units affiliated with the Faculty of Sciences and Technology as well as the Research Unit affiliated with the Faculty of Literature and Humanities (BABEL).
In addition, you will find 3 residence halls managed by the CROUS (Faron, Coudon, and Fenouillet) as well as the Coudon university dining hall and 2 cafeterias: The Béal and the SeaTech School of Engineering cafeteria.
The University of Toulon offers a hundred different degrees in the following fields:
- Art, Literature, and Languages (ALL)
- Law, Economics, and Management (DEG)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (SHS)
- Sciences, Technology, and Health (STS)
The University of Toulon is proud of the quality of its academic programs and the support from the Department of Academics and Student Life (DEVE) and the Department of Continuing Education (FTLV).
Each Faculty has its own Academic and Development Committee to ensure the quality and attractiveness of its degree programs.