Master's Degree in Family Counseling, Counseling and Mediation
Universidad de Murcia
EUR 2,280 / per year *
Earliest start date
* € 3671.32: international students. The data that appears on this page are not official, only indicative. For more information contact the secretariat of the corresponding center.
The complex situation of families demands the existence of professionals trained in family guidance, counseling and mediation. The protection and promotion of the family is one of the great concerns of societies, hence training initiatives emerge in the university environment where related disciplines are involved in the field of family guidance, counseling and mediation such as pedagogy, education , law, social education, law, anthropology, sociology, psychology.
|Type of teaching:
|Master's Degree in Family Counseling, Counseling and Mediation
|Scholarships, grants and mobility:
|National / International
|Price per credit:
The Master's Degree in Family Guidance, Counseling and Mediation seeks to respond to the need to train professionals to practice family guidance, counseling and mediation in social and educational fields. It is the first Master's Degree that integrates three complementary and interrelated aspects: guidance, counseling and family mediation.
Specific family counseling and guidance skills
- Ability to apply in-depth concepts and theoretical models of family counseling.
- Being able to analyze and evaluate family needs in a critical and reflective way.
- Identify and prevent family problems related to sociocultural changes and those that are proper to the family itself (structure, relationships, roles and norms, etc.)
- Identify families at risk and social exclusion and plan and implement counseling proposals aimed at improving their quality of life and social well-being.
- Being able to identify and favor the main personal and social resources available to the family.
- Being able to know and interpret ethical and moral principles in the field of family counseling and mediation, to end up acquiring a deontological commitment in relation to the professional task.
- Acquire and implement counseling and family communication skills and strategies.
Specific competences in the field of family mediation
- Analyze in depth and critically the family conflicts that arise in the family dynamics.
- Use different professional alternatives for conflict resolution.
- Use family mediation as a method of conflict resolution within the family and the family with external instances of socialization.
- Carry out strategies and concrete actions that promote the participation of families and each of its members in family mediation processes.
- Promote the personal and social development skills of family members during the family mediation process.
- Use negotiation and mediation resources for decision-making and family conflict resolution.
- Carry out family mediation projects, as well as carry out evaluations on the effectiveness of programs and technical reports, recommendations or family advice.
- Participate and promote networking with other professionals inside and outside the team itself.
- Promote respect, care and dignity for minors during the mediation process so that compliance with their protection and rights is guaranteed.
Graduates have a work profile marked by the choice of the Master: Teaching centers, local and regional administration, orientation centers, research, teaching, etc.
The preferred center for Master's Practice is SAFAMUR (Family Care Service of the Region of Murcia). The center is a COF (Family Guidance Center) where internships are carried out with the corresponding tutors. The internships take place in the second semester of the course with the schedule established at the beginning of each academic year. Internships can be carried out in other centers agreed upon with the Universidad de Murcia and the Theological Institute of Murcia in agreement between the student and the coordinator and with the approval of the Master's Academic Commission.