Master of Digital Business Engineering
University of Antwerp
Earliest start date
* 979,60€ for EEA nationals | 5,800€ for non-EEA nationals
As a Master of Digital Business Engineering, you become a business, economics and information technology expert, all-in-one. The programme’s double focus will help you understand the role information technology plays in business operations in order to achieve a synergy between the two. A large number of electives allows you to tailor the programme to your own interests. As an international student at the University of Antwerp, you will be part of an inclusive and forward-thinking university that scores well in several academic rankings. Experience student life in an innovative business city and shape your future at the University of Antwerp!
Do you want to learn everything there is to know about technology, economics, business and information technology? Always the one to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems? And were you born to be a manager? If so, the Master in Digital Business Engineering might just be the perfect fit for you!
Over the past years, digital technologies have led to new economic opportunities and managerial challenges: new business models, new products, new questions about ethics and sustainability, etc. Almost all corporate activities nowadays depend heavily on efficient information technology. Furthermore, many of the fastest-growing new businesses are purely digital. As a digital business engineer, you embody the ever-growing synergy between IT innovation and business economics, allowing you to function optimally in these fast-changing digital environments.
Do you want to learn about technology, economics, business and information technology? Are you always the one to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems? And were you born to be a manager? If so, the Master of Digital Business Engineering might just be the perfect fit for you!
Scholarships and Funding
Please read more on our website:
The Faculty of Business and Economics is known for its one-on-one approach, treating each student as an individual. Our professors and academic staff are very accessible and will help you with any questions you may have. They do everything they can to make you feel right at home in our international classroom.
Throughout the programme, you find yourself in close interaction with academics, seasoned industry experts and alumni from a wide variety of disciplines. Theoretical knowledge combined with research and real-life cases from the corporate world will enrich your understanding of today’s digital world, ultimately helping you become a critical-thinking, global-minded citizen.
The programme consists of four modules. The hybrid character of these modules enables you to combine business economics and information technology. You can explore specific areas of your interest in greater depth by choosing from a wide range of electives.
- Digital business fundamentals: This module gives you a solid foundation in business economics, with an explicit focus on innovation. During the courses, you will be trained to create added value in our digital economy.
- Digital engineering fundamentals: Find out what role IT innovations play in the daily functioning of organisations and learn how to build complex software. Work with databases, data mining and data engineering to find answers to complex business questions. Learn to identify the risks and opportunities for global information and communication technology within an organisation. What if, for instance, servers break down, or your employees’ computers get hacked?
- Double focus module: Tailor the programme to your own interests by choosing a major and a minor. You can focus on business-oriented electives such as European and International Entrepreneurship, Finance and Marketing, or Strategy and Organisation, or more IT-oriented topics such as Digital Agility.
- Master’s thesis portfolio: Your Master’s thesis and the Integration Project are the crowning pieces of your two-year study. The Integration Project is a capstone course in collaboration with leading companies such as Accenture and Baloise Insurance, where knowledge from all the courses is integrated to solve a complex and real-world case study. During this module, you will learn to conduct academic and practical research independently.
- The faculty’s AACSB and EPAS accreditations illustrate our high-quality teaching and research.
- The University of Antwerp scores extremely well in Young University Rankings, obtaining the 5th place in the Times Higher Education Millennials 2020, the 7th in the Times Higher Education 250 under 50 2022 and the 20th place in QS 50 under 50 2021. On a global scale, the university ranks 131th in the Times Higher Education 2023 and 280th in QS World Ranking 2023.
In this two-year English Master’s programme, you will
- Acquire a solid foundation in economics, business administration and information technology,
- Combine knowledge on the development and management of information systems with the study of important domains of digital innovation, such as artificial intelligence, data mining and data engineering.
Your Master of Business Engineering: Management Information Systems will kickstart your (international) career, as you will have obtained indispensable and multidisciplinary skills. At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Distinguish and define concepts of specific areas of business economics and information technology, and you are aware of the latest national and international developments in these areas;
- Conduct research and critically evaluate the results in a scientifically correct manner, based on your analytical insights and methodological training;
- Recognise the ethical and sustainable aspects of business operations in a globalising world, and contribute to the quality improvement of business processes in a socially responsible manner;
- Identify the interaction between scientific and technological changes on a global scale, and subsequently estimate their impact on business decisions;
- Work and communicate efficiently in multicultural and/or international teams.
Program Tuition Fee
If you choose to study Business Engineering: Management Information Systems at the University of Antwerp, you will be fully prepared to take your first steps towards the job market. During your studies, you are in frequent contact with the business world through guest lectures, corporate visits, a career development track and job fairs. Students and alumni get unlimited access to the Career Center, our go-to platform for vacancies, internships and career-related events from hundreds of national and international companies.
Our graduates have a unique combination of skills and take up key roles in shaping digital innovation and managing business transformation. Their profiles are highly sought after in the job market and in most cases, our final-year students have already signed a contract before they even graduated. Over the past ten years, 98,5% of our students from the Dutch equivalent programme found a job within six months after graduation.
An exciting career awaits
As a digital business engineer, you stand out because of your unique set of skills, combining in-depth knowledge of IT with fully-fledged business education. This makes you eligible for a wide range of positions in several industries.
Our alumni take up positions as CEOs, directors, managers, IT consultants, technology advisors and software engineers in numerous national and international organisations. Others have founded their own companies or become researchers at top universities. The possibilities are endless. Where you end up working, depends to a large extent on your personal interests and ambitions.