Introducing The Presbyterian College
The Presbyterian College is a center of theological education where students are prepared for Christian ministries or further academic studies. The College is open to students from around the world and from a whole variety of theological traditions and denominations. The motto of the College is “Holding forth the word of life,” taken from Paul’s letter to the Philippians (2:16) These words express our commitment to God’s life-giving Word in Christ and expressed in the scriptures.
Our academic programs include:
- Bachelor of Theology (a 4-year undergraduate degree)
- Master of Divinity (a 3-year professional degree for ministry)
- Diploma in Ministry (a 1-year professional year following previous theology studies)
- Master of Sacred Theology (a 2-year advanced academic degree)
- Masters of Theological Studies (a 2-year French-language masters in practical theology)
International Students in these programs pay tuition and fees that are only slightly more than those paid by Canadian Students—some of the most competitive tuition fees in North America.
A Global Community of Study and Worship
Over past years, we have become a truly global community of study and worship, with students from every corner of the globe—from Taiwan, Brazil, Ghana, and Cameroon—as well as from the US and Canada. There is such richness in this sharing together and in the wonderful diversity of the Body of Christ. We learn alongside one another and from one another, always enriched by what each one has to share.
Located in Beautiful Montreal
We are located in the world-class, cosmopolitan city of Montreal, Quebec, which contains a beautiful mix of cultures alongside the majority of French and English populations. It is a city of festivals and cafes and rivers all surrounding beautiful Mount Royal in its center. There is also the beauty of winter and the charms of sledding and ice-skating and skiing. A city where you’ll quickly feel at home.
Affiliated with McGill University
Our programs are run in affiliation with the School of Religious Studies at McGill University, which is one of Canada's best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world. With students coming to McGill from over 150 countries, our student body is the most internationally diverse of any research-intensive university in the country.
In addition to a stellar faculty, McGill is known for attracting the brightest students from across Canada, the United States, and around the world. McGill students have the highest average entering grades in Canada, and McGill’s commitment to fostering the very best has helped its students win more national and international awards on average than their peers at any other Canadian university.
We are also affiliated with the Montreal School of Theology, L’Université Laval, the Montreal School of Theology, and L’Institut de Théologie pour la Francophonie.
A Worshipping and Praying Community
Theological study is about meaningfully intellectual engagement. But growth within our spiritual lives is also vital to our formation for ministry. Joining The Presbyterian College means being part of a warm community that prays together, offers praise together, and shares in meals together. Be transformed and equipped through study and praise and prayer and celebration together as the Body of Christ.
We seek to develop leaders who are:
- Credible: genuine in faith and actions
- Competent: able to complete the tasks of ministry well
- Centered: rooted in God’s vision of reconciliation and healing in the world through the gospel of Christ
- Collaborative: supporting and developing the gifts of others
- Committed: in it for the long haul
As a College we are committed to:
- Academic excellence
- Ministry competency and leadership formation
- Personal faith and spiritual formation
- The Christian community expressed through integrity, humility, resolve, respect and transparency
- The Reformed tradition
- The church universal
- Life-long learning
- Faith lived in the world