Sustainable Energy Engineering MSc is the most attractive field of study. This program offers:
- English-Taught Double Degree MSc program
- Fee covered by the government for EU students
- Two top European universities
- Multicultural experience
- Networking and career opportunities
- Program for future decisions makers
- Engineering and business-oriented content
Apply now and help to design the future!
About Silesian University of Technology
Welcome to the Silesian University of Technology (SUT), a place that without any doubt educates successful people.
Join us and take the unique opportunity to study engineering at the institution of a worldwide academic reputation and vivid cooperation with major industrial partners.
The Silesian University of Technology (SUT) is one of the most prestigious and top-ranked technical universities in Poland. It is a modern higher education institution with 76 years of tradition in didactics, research, and science. At present, SUT educates more than 17 000 students at all three levels of study: bachelor, master, and doctoral, mainly in the fields of engineering, technology, and architecture. All of the classes take place in modern laboratories and lecture halls, they are taught by highly qualified university staff, consisting of 1,600 academic teachers. The Silesian University of Technology consists of eleven faculties located in Gliwice, where the University is situated, as well as in two faculties in Katowice and two in Zabrze.
The Silesian University of Technology was placed among the 10 best Polish universities and received the Research University status!
We have the results of the first competition under the "Initiative of Excellence - Research University" program. The aim of the competition was to select and support the universities which will strive to achieve the status of a research university and will be able to successfully compete with the best academic centers in Europe and worldwide. Out of the 20 best universities in Poland, eligible to participate in the competition, an international team of experts selected 10 universities, which will receive a subsidy increased by 10% over the period 2020 and 2026. The Silesian University of Technology is among the universities, under the competition will receive a total of nearly 245,000,000.00 PLN within 7 years.
Priority research areas:
- Computational oncology and personalized medicine
- Artificial intelligence and data processing
- Materials of the future
- Smart cities and future mobility
- Process automation and Industry 4.0
- Climate and environmental protection, modern energy
In 2020 SUT was among the winners of the second edition of the "European Universities Initiative" competition in the EURECA-PRO consortium, formed together with six other universities from Europe. This project offers:
- Collaboration within interdisciplinary research in up to date laboratories
- Joint educational programs, experience, and cooperation within about 30 courses in English
- Activity within a Joint Doctoral School in the fields of engineering, social sciences, and medicine
- Strong support of our regional government and participation in the energy transition of the Upper Silesia Region programs
- Curricular mobility, internships, and cooperation with our industry and business partners.
- Faculty of Applied Mathematics
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics, and Computer Science
- Faculty of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Materials Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Mining, Safety Engineering, and Industrial Automation
- Faculty of Organization and Management
- Faculty of Transport and Aviation Engineering
- Institute of Physics
Programs of study provided in English:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Control, Electronics and Information Engineering (CEIE)
- Electrical Engineering
- Management and Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Civil engineering
- Cognitive technologies
- Management and Production Engineering
- Sustainable energy engineering
Mission and Values
As a prestigious European technical university, the Silesian University of Technology hosts innovative research and development activities and educates highly professional staff for the knowledge-based society and economy. It also actively stimulates the growth of the region and the local communities. Due to the constant improvement of processes and organization, the university is a friendly and open place for the academic community, in terms of work and development.
The Silesian University of Technology is a higher education institution that respects universal values and academic traditions. It is a modern and widely recognized European institution, one of the top Polish technical universities, educating the elite of the society and supporting the dynamic development of the economy with due regard for ethical values and the highest quality of research and teaching activities. The high position and prestige of the university are built through self-improvement, partnership, and cooperation of the employees, students, Ph.D. students, and the social and economic environment. These conditions favor creativity, innovativeness, and the transfer of technologies.
Due to the fact, that the Silesian University of Technology takes part in the development of science, technology, and culture, it instills the values of patriotism, civic responsibility, active citizenship, mutual respect, tolerance, integrity, and fairness in its community. It also promotes respect for good practices in science. The university respects the diversity of the fields of study and differences in beliefs, in accordance with the principle of academic freedom.