Master in Global Event Management
SESEF - Società Europea per i Servizi e la Formazione
EUR 5,900 / per course
31 Jan 2024
Earliest start date
19 Feb 2024
The rapidly expanding evolution of the events sector requires increasingly higher skills in terms of organization and management. Our Master in Event Management aims to train professional figures in line with the roles sought in the world of events.
The Event Manager must have skills ranging from logistics to communication, from design to copy-writing, up to actual marketing. He is the person who coordinates the planning of an event in all its phases, and is responsible for the technical, creative and audio-visual sides. In short, an all-rounder, which finds its place in event placement agencies, in the events sector within a company, in the MICE of a hotel and in marketing agencies. The Master is aimed both at young graduates and diploma holders who aspire to become Event Managers, and at sector operators who intend to update and retrain their professional skills.
The Master's Program is made up of a series of interconnected modules in line with the professional standards for Meeting Managers and Meeting Coordinators, the main mission is to promote highly performing and qualified training, aimed at rapid entry into the world of work. At the end of the course the student will obtain a legally valid and recognized Event Manager certificate in Europe.
The 29th edition will begin in February 2024, at our headquarters in Rome.
nb The SESEF in 2024 copies 20 years! For this year only, our students will be able to take advantage of a €200 voucher to spend on our online courses and masters platform.
The training course is 1000 hours (approximately 9 months), divided into:
- 200 hours of classroom time (Monday-Friday, 9.00-18.00 in Rome);
- 300 hours of project work and study on an online platform on demand;
- 500 hours of internship at prestigious companies in the sector.
During the classroom hours, the best managers in the sector at a national level intervene, contributing with company case stories in order to structure a complete know-how of the subjects. The student will directly determine their internship by orienting themselves among the companies provided by the school. Our school organizes a maximum of two editions of the same master's degree to allow for high quality standards, which translates into a 90% placement within 6 months of the end of the course attended.
1. Introduction to the tourism market
- The tourist market and its numbers
- Tourism businesses
2. Types of event and their format
- National and international events
- The protagonists of the event
- Event formats
3. Event planning
- Definition of objectives
- Drafting of the program
- Budget planning
4. The strategic and operational management of the event
- Risk management
- The measurement and evaluation of the event
5. The economic management of the event
- Reporting and economic evaluation
- Drafting of the estimated and final budget
- The legal aspects of contracts
6. Banqueting Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Menu and types of services
- Layout and preparation of the rooms
7. Tourism and event marketing
- Tourism Marketing
- Web Marketing
- Social media management
- Visit to a conference center and/or MICE sector of a Business Hotel
Scholarships and Funding
For the first 15 participants, scholarships will be awarded with a partial value of 2500 euros each and the possibility of free accommodation for the entire period of the classroom part.