Master in Economics - International Economics (MSc)
University of Southern Denmark
01 Mar 2024
Earliest start date
01 Sep 2024
* Price for non EU/EEA students, per year
MSc - IT – Web Communication Design is a master's program offered in English.
This MSc is a multi-disciplinary graduate program that combines IT, communication, and organization. We emphasize the interaction between humans and information technology and combine research-based knowledge with challenges from practice.
The overall focus of the program is on the opportunities and challenges of working with the web in relation to knowledge management and communication. This means that you will learn to evaluate and apply theories, principles, and methods in the fields of communication, interaction, and IT in the context of planning and designing web-based communication.
You will also work with the design and development of digital applications and information products with particular relevance for web-based communication. Moreover, you will learn to design and test web applications.
In this program, you will gain skills in analyzing and evaluating web content and carry out web-based communication jobs.
You will learn to design digital communication and prepare it for the web. You will learn to analyze and design e-learning solutions in an organizational context and advise how to organize information and communications in organizations and companies.
The program includes three courses per semester - theoretical and practical.
In order to pass the MSc IT – Web Communication Design, you must complete and pass the following:
- 8 compulsory courses (1st, 2nd and 3rd semesters)
- 1 elective course or a project-oriented course with internship (3rd semester)
- 1 master thesis (4th semester)
The course Project is scheduled in the 2nd semester. Here the teaching hours are wholly or partially replaced by supervision, and the project is written in groups of three to four students. It will be possible to work with Danish students who are studying for the MSc IT with Danish language specializations.
During the program’s 3rd semester you can either take an elective course or an internship in a company.
During the 4th semester, you will write your master thesis.
With a specialization in Web Communication Design, you can
- evaluate and apply theories, principles, and methods in the fields of communication, interaction, and IT in relation to planning and designing web-based communication in a broader organizational context.
- design and develop digital applications and information products with particular relevance for web-based communication based on a knowledge of technologies, formats, and standards.
- design and implement tests of the user-friendliness of a web application.
- analyze and evaluate web content and carry out web-based communication jobs
- evaluate and apply the theory of pedagogy and IT-mediated learning for the design and consultancy of skills development in an organizational context.
- describe and analyze ethical IT issues as well as submit design proposals that deal with such issues.
As a student of the MSc in IT – Web Communication Design you will gain specialized skills in web-based communication and knowledge management.
Your choice of elective courses, your projects, your thesis as well as your bachelor background qualifies you to work with: Web development, digitalization, web design, digital skills development, social media, etc.
Danish labor-market jobs include:
- Information officer
- Web consultant
- Project manager
- Communications officer
- HR consultant
- Web editor
- E-learning consultant
- Digital advisor
- It consultant
- Web coordinator
- Web product manager