The history of the São Judas Tadeu Educational Complex began in 1947, with the Admission Course to State Gymnasiums, founded by professors Alberto Mesquita de Camargo and Alzira Altenfelder Silva Mesquita, his wife. After an arduous struggle, the couple installed Colégio São Judas Tadeu. In 1971, Faculdades São Judas Tadeu were created, with courses in Administration and Accounting Sciences. One year later, courses in Literature and Mathematics began. The Universidade São Judas Tadeu was officially recognized by Ministerial Ordinance No. 264, of May 4, 1989.