MSc in Global Logistics, Operations and Supply Chain Management
Northumbria University London Campus
London, United Kingdom
GBP 19,000 / per year *
30 Jul 2023
Earliest start date
* UK/home fee: £9,960 | international fee: £19,000
The MSc in Global Logistics Operations and Supply Chain Management is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the main theories and practices which underpin the Global Supply Process.
The programme aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of supply chain management as a specialist area, while also situating it within an organisational context. The course content reflects both academic and professional perspectives on the strategic changes affecting the global supply process and includes key modules which cover these specialised topics.
- This programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- The MSc in Global Logistics Operations and Supply Chain Management is specifically created to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the key aspects and principles of the global supply chain process
- Enhance your skills and knowledge in a crucial industry where there is a strong demand for qualified professionals
- After finishing the programme, you will be eligible to participate in QA Professional Pathways programmes, which will allow you to enhance your skills with one of the largest providers of project management and IT training in the UK
Scholarships and Funding
What will I study?
This programme provides intensive logistics, operations and supply chain management education for students entering from an undergraduate degree background of any discipline including business and management.
The programme curriculum is based on the most recent research and tailored to provide practical skills necessary for a successful career in a wide range of industries and businesses. Its applications are relevant to both manufacturing and service sectors. The modules utilise an experiential approach to learning, exposing you to current professional practices, and equip you with skills to effectively contribute to global businesses.
As the logistics, operations, and supply chain management field is constantly evolving, you will be encouraged to innovate and apply emerging models, theories, technologies and ideas to solve business problems specific to these related disciplines.
The specialist modules cover strategic procurement, sustainable supply chains, improving the supply chain, and strategic partnerships. The course concludes with a postgraduate dissertation.
This programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
How will I be taught and assessed?
- Lectures, workshops and tutorials will be the primary modes of teaching, comprising a total of 10-13 hours per week
- You will be expected to undertake independent study for around 34-hours per week
- The programme is 100% assessed through coursework, including critical report writing, portfolio, projects and a physical artefact such as a programme or a database
- The course is taught by experienced lecturers and academics who will demonstrate how theories translate into real-life situations through their industry experience
- Technology-enhanced learning will be integrated throughout the course to support your preparation for seminars and independent research
- You will benefit from weekly academic support sessions that aim to improve your academic learning skills and confidence
- At the beginning of your studies, you will be assigned a guidance tutor who you will regularly meet with throughout the course
All modules on this course are core and 20 credits unless otherwise stated.
- Strategic Supply Chain Relationship and Innovation
- Global Supply Chain and Operations Improvement
- Supply Chain Sustainability, Resilience and Risk Management
- Strategic Procurement and Logistics
- Leadership and Management Development
- Research Methods and Analytics for Business Practice
- Academic Language Skills for Post-Graduate Business Students (0 credits)
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation (60 credits)
The course information displayed on this page is correct for the academic year 2022/23. We aim to run the course as advertised however, changes may be necessary due to updates to the curriculum (due to academic or industry developments), student demand or UK compliance reasons.
Program Tuition Fee
Graduates can expect to secure roles in areas such as operations management, materials management, and purchasing and quality management. Typical roles include:
- Supplier Quality Manager
- Transport Consultant
- Distribution Services Manager
- E-commerce Operations Manager
- Freight Account Manager
- Logistics Project Manager
This programme is also available as MSc Global Logistics, Operations and Supply Chain Management with Advanced Practice which includes either an internship or a group consultancy project.
After successfully completing this programme, you will have the opportunity to pursue further professional development and training through Professional Pathways programmes. These programmes are available to our graduates for free, through our partner QA.