MSc Industrial Ecology
EUR 2,209 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for non-EEA, non-Swiss, & non-Surinam applicants: €19,600
The Master of Science in Industrial Ecology (IE) offers talented students from around the world the opportunity to enhance their expertise and work on the grand challenge to achieve global prosperity within the planetary boundaries.
What does this master’s programme entail?
Industrial Ecology is an emerging scientific discipline that takes a systemic approach to sustainability problems. An interdisciplinary approach, integrating an engineering, environmental and social science perspective is essential for sustainable development. The Master in Industrial Ecology is a co-operation between Leiden University and Delft University of Technology. Both universities are at the forefront of the field of Industrial Ecology.
Why study Industrial Ecology at Leiden University?
- You will learn concepts such as industrial metabolism, industrial symbiosis, industrial evolution and life cycle thinking.
- We offer an international multidisciplinary environment. We believe that this approach is the best way to move forward.
- Collaboration with third parties is encouraged and facilitated.
- You will be inspired by professors from two world-class universities, who are at the forefront of the field of Industrial Ecology.
Industrial Ecology: the right master’s programme for you?
The programme is open to students from a wide range of studies in engineering, natural and social sciences. If you are an idealistic, ambitious and critical thinking student who is looking for the opportunity to enhance expertise and work on the grand challenges facing our world today, this master’s programme is the right choice.