Iscte Business School traces its origins back to the earlier department of management sciences, created in 1972. The school is recognised for its excellence in learning and research, international and multicultural environment, and the solid connection to the business world that it offers our exceptional graduates, leadership entrepreneurship and innovation.
Iscte Business School is one of four schools that constitute Iscte, along with the School of Sociology and Public Policy, School of Social Sciences and Humanities and the School of Technology and Architecture.
7 Reasons to Choose Iscte Business School
1. An entrepreneurial mindset
At Iscte Business School each student has the opportunity to get to know the business world closely. Be prepared to successfully respond to the challenges facing you from the first day of your working life.
This contact is constant throughout each course through:
- Practical assignments - In the vast majority of subjects students perform practical assignments, group or individual, which analyse concrete problems of companies.
- Final Project (Undergraduate) - All undergraduates have in the last year a project subject in which a deepened study of a given business reality is carried out.
- Entrepreneurship Support Center - AUDAX - Iscte Business School is the main founder of Audax, a center that helps newly graduated students with an interesting idea start to their own business. It supports the projects in legal and organizational aspects, and has even associated an investment fund that finances the launch of new companies.
- Teachers with High Business Experience - The School has a set of invited teachers who perform prominent roles in the main Portuguese companies and who transmit all their experience and practical knowledge in class.
2. A Unique International Contact
Iscte Business School currently has about 250 students exchanging in over 30 countries in Europe, North America, South America and Asia and receives about 400 international students from over 40 nationalities attending Iscte Business School's Bachelor's Degrees, Masters Courses or Summer Universities. This multiculturalism allows students to experience within their own school very diverse experiences and cultures.
3. Successful Careers
Employment level for recent graduates from school is 100% after 3 months of course completion. In the case of Master Students, the rate is 80% placement before the completion of the Master.
4. A Culture of Rewarding Excellence
Merit and individual effort are founding values of a modern and democratic society. Iscte rewards those who do their best to achieve levels of excellence both at the beginning of their course (admission award) and at the end of their course (best student award).
5. Soft Skills Development
Iscte Business School offers the possibility for its students, during the three years of the Degree, to attend subjects that aim to develop transversal personal competences, such as: the ability to develop autonomous work, as well as teamwork, to perform individual research, to analyse complex situations and to communicate. Aiming to prepare future graduates to, on the one hand, deepen their knowledge in subsequent study cycles and, on the other, to integrate fully into the labour market.
6. IBS Teaching Method
Iscte Business School has a great tradition of teaching in field of Management:
- The faculty of ISCTE Business School have authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty;
- Students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with alumni throughout their professional lives.
7. The IBS Spirit
Studying at Iscte is also an opportunity to enjoy excellent study conditions and to participate in an environment where leisure, sports and culture occupy a very important space.