Come to study for a British degree at a truly international business school in the heart of Europe!
We offer 3-year Bachelor's, 1-year Master's degrees, and doctoral programs in Budapest.
The IBS story
From a school that was founded in 1991 as the first private higher education college in Central Europe, International Business School has grown into a truly modern and dynamic business school. We are proud to work in cooperation with a prestigious British university, The University of Buckingham that is rated top for graduate employability and has been leading the British National Student Survey in student satisfaction.
It is an attractive place to learn and teach because of our collaborative culture – a blend of academic rigor, cooperative teamwork, entrepreneurship, diversity, and continuous innovation. The academic experience we offer is providing our students from over 100 countries of the world not only with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree but skills and networking opportunities that bring lifelong competitive advantages.
Vision and mission
Our vision is to be a regionally acknowledged, multiply accredited, multi-country provider of higher education services for a highly international and mobile student body, interested in the frontier areas of business and management.
Our mission is to provide economically and culturally relevant, English-language business and management-related education to people who can benefit from it. We are demand-led and customer-focused. We enhance learning, build confidence and create an opportunity for all who choose to invest in studying at our school.
- creativity and innovation in the pursuit of excellence,
- the potential of every person,
- the expertise and commitment of our staff,
- partnership and form strong and enduring collaborations where we can achieve more by working with other than alone,
- quality and we continually enhance our quality assurance processes.
Why a British degree?
- British universities are widely recognized for their research and teaching excellence.
- An independent body, the Quality Assurance Agency is responsible for maintaining the high standards of British university education. A British degree guarantees you a good quality education.
- 1,000 years of extraordinary academic innovation - currently the UK ranks third in the world for innovation.
- Three of the ten top universities in the world are in the UK, including the university ranked first in the world.
- British degrees are important to employers because they have a strong emphasis on gaining practical experience in the relevant field and they equip you with all the skills and knowledge necessary for a successful international business career.
- The student-centered approach to learning in British education means that you will develop the independence, self-discipline, and analytical skills sought after by employers.
- English is the language of global business so studying for a British degree enables you to improve your English language skills.
- Class sizes are generally small enough to ensure that students have access to equipment and enough time to talk to their lecturers.
- We give considerable importance to increasing students' employability skills. IBS has set up its UpSkill program, which enhances and develops the skills which are most demandable in the job arena and lets our graduates have an advantage over others in job applications.
- British programs are shorter, saving you time and money. Our Bachelor’s programs are 3-year full-time courses and our Master's programs take 1 year.
- 38 percent of Nobel prize winners who studied abroad did so for a British degree.