The Master of Science in International Economics and Finance (IEF) provides students with theoretical and analytical training in the economic, financial, cultural, and managerial aspects of global business and commerce. This 37-credit program is designed for international and US students seeking to develop skills to effectively recommend strategies and policies to upper management operating in a complex global business environment. The program, which can be completed in 18 months of full-time coursework, requires study in the areas of finance, statistics, and global economics issues. Graduates of this degree program will be well-positioned to work in the profit, non-profit, and government sectors.
Economic analysts are employed to perform the following duties for employers:
- Establish or recommend to management economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the organization;
- Contribute to the decision making process and accomplishment of tactical plans of the institution by counseling and advising on financial and business matters;
- Perform economic and statistical analysis on proposed projects or for policy recommendation;
- Evaluate operations on a systematic and regular basis.
Early Entry Option for Valpo Undergraduates
Qualified VU juniors and seniors may apply to begin graduate course work in International Economics & Finance prior to graduation. This unique program allows students to save time and money on their graduate programs as courses taken at the graduate level count toward both the bachelor's and master's degree. For more information, students should speak with their academic advisors and contact an admissions counselor at the Graduate School.
- Completion of one semester of college level calculus, one statistics or quantitative methods class, two semesters of introductory economics, and one introductory accounting course.
- Course content in introductory economics must include both introductory microeconomics and macroeconomics.
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 from an accredited university
- Two favorable letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Two-page essay stating goals
- Application form with $30 fee for US students. International students must submit all materials listed with a $50 application fee, TOEFL scores, copy of passport and declaration of financial support.
Students may be surprised to discover the affordable tuition rate at Valparaiso University. Please visit the Student Financial Services website for current tuition rates. Financial aid may be available for students taking 6 credits or more during fall and spring semesters.
Are you interested in learning more?
Request more information from the Office of the Graduate School.
About the School
The American Consortium of Universities (ACU) facilitates international student admission to graduate and undergraduate programs at its member institutions, which offer a wide range of excellent acade ... Read More