Pepperdine University GSEP does not offer full scholarships. You can read more about the available opportunities for new students here. Pepperdine University GSEP also offers graduate assistance, teaching assistance, and research assistance opportunities. GSEP does not provide tuition reimbursements.
Changing Lives. Changing the World.
This cohort-based program provides an academic and practical foundation that prepares students to serve individuals, couples, families, and groups as licensed psychotherapists. Designed for full-time students, the Daytime Format program is offered at Pepperdine's Drescher Graduate Campus in Malibu and takes two academic years to complete.
This program is designed to prepare students to work in community counseling, governmental entities, or educational settings, or to launch their own private practices. Coursework offers a strong foundation in clinical psychology, counseling, and marriage and family therapy. As part of the program, students gain supervised counseling experience in clinical settings. The program meets educational requirements for licensure as either a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) in California. The clinical training and academic preparation also equip students for doctoral programs in clinical psychology, counseling psychology, or family therapy.
- Small cohort model provides a shared-learning experience with close peer interaction and support
- Program completion in 2 academic years
- Small class sizes and automatic class registration each term
- Supervised counseling experience in the community begins during the second term of the program
- Award-winning faculty members who provide mentorship, as well as real-world experiences that link classroom learning to the field of practice
- Professional development, whether you are obtaining your LMFT or LPCC licensure to launch your career or continuing your studies in a doctoral program
- Opportunities to participate in student-led interest groups, including Psi Chi, Research and Practice Team (RAPT), Spanish Language Enhancement Association for Therapists (SLEAT), and the Christian Association for Psychological Studies (CAPS)
- Extensive networking opportunities through our alumni network with more than 20,000 professionals
- Easy access to Malibu campus amenities and graduate student housing
- Program Length / Units: 2 academic years (6 terms) / 62 units
- Unit Cost: $1,530
- Start Term: Fall
- Campus Location: Malibu
- Formats: Day
Fall 2019 Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Classes begin in September.
For the daytime format, a bachelor's degree in psychology is preferred. However, qualified applicants who possess a bachelor's degree in a related academic field (e.g. sociology, social work, child, and family development) may also be considered.
In an effort to process your application quickly, we recommend you send your materials electronically.
If an institution does not offer electronic transcripts, hard copy transcripts are acceptable.
Mail these materials to:
- GSEP Admissions
- 6100 Center Dr. 5th Fl.
- Los Angeles, CA 90045
For questions, contact senior program administrator Andrea Lipnicki at (310) 506-4608.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts from the accredited colleges or universities that awarded your baccalaureate degree via one of the following approved companies:
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Please request all transcripts to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions regarding transcript processing please contact us as 310-506-4608 or email@example.com.
- Two professional recommendations from individuals familiar with your academic and professional competencies using our Recommendation Form. Your recommenders should email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 2-5 page Statement of Purpose describing your previous training and experience, current interests, future professional goals, and reasons for applying to the program, emailed to email@example.com.
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (General Test), taken within the last five years. For more information about testing, please click here.
- BA or BS degree in psychology (or closely related field)
- (Optional) If you're seeking an exception to our TOEFL test requirement, please fill out our Exception Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the application requirements, please contact the Enrollment Services Office at email@example.com or 310.258.2850.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 29, 2018