Develop your competencies in digital marketing and data analytics and become part of the new generation of marketing technologists.
- For students holding a Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- MSc in approved by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
- 18 months including a 4 to 6-month internship.
- Taught in English.
- Delivered in Paris & Shanghai with a learning trip to Boston or San Francisco.
18 months to become a digital marketing professional
- Acquire the fundamentals of digital marketing: The courses provide the strategic skills to successfully guide companies’ strategies in a digital world that is overflowing with data on customers, products and interactions. By the end of the first semester, you will be able to walk into any company and become digital savvy professionals who know how to benefit from an explosive growth of online technologies to develop business.
- Innovate in a data‐rich business environment: The MSc in Digital Marketing & Data Science also focuses on data analytics which includes business, coding, database access, data science and machine learning with Python. The program is designed to make you understand the most innovative technologies and acquire the skills to manage the upcoming technological disruptions in marketing.
- Meet the real needs of recruiters: Recruiters are facing a real challenge to find young talents with a “dual competency”, capable of bringing real added value to industries facing a deep digital transformation. Many companies are already collaborating with emlyon business school and recruiting students such as Amazon, IBM, Google, TF1, Facebook or Microsoft, etc.
The MSc in Digital Marketing & Data Science pedagogy uniquely combines a strong academic background in business studies, marketing, data analysis and strategy with an in‐depth and specific digital knowledge and data-driven marketing.
Word of welcome
“Artificial Intelligence is rapidly evolving and transforming user behavior and daily life through flexible, adaptable machines with intelligence comparable to the human mind. Capabilities generally classified as AI include successfully understanding human speech, natural language processing (improving interactions between computers and human); competing at a high level in strategic gaming systems, autonomous cars, intelligent routing in content delivery and interpreting complex data.
For businesses, one of the primary benefits is in understanding customer needs and wants, preferences, and behavior in a more efficient manner."
Margherita Pagani - Full Professor of digital marketing at emlyon business school, director of the Research Center on Artificial Intelligence in Value Creation and co-director of the program
"The program aims to help students to develop new competencies required to be a marketing technologist in the evolving AI is driven ecosystem and understand the management challenge of digital marketing and artificial intelligence. The objective of the program is to provide students with skills in two disciplines, such as digital marketing and data science, that appear very different but that are actually very complementary.
The objective here is direct experience-based learning and not just theory-based learning. We offer an immersive experience in different cultures (Europe, US, and Asia), in universities and businesses, and with professionals who are immersed in digital marketing, Artificial Intelligence, and data science on a daily basis. Sharing experiences helps to inspire as much as to teach. We provide the essential tools: each person will then be able to use them in the next steps of his or her own journey.”
Clément Levallois - Associate professor in the market and Innovation department, computational social scientist and co-director of the program.
Careers services track
As a student of the MSc in Digital Marketing & Data Science, you will benefit from a dedicated career track which includes workshops, expert panels, fairs, events, company visits, etc.
The Careers Services Department provides continual support in identifying career goals and developing action plans. Program-specific careers services include:
- Workshops: Careers workshops help you prepare for your internship search and future career. Self-assessment tools and individual coaching provide you with the opportunity to prepare your next move.
- Tools: Our wide range of career tools help you find out more information on partner companies and sector-specific resources, including databases with internship and job offers.
- Events: Over 200 companies visit emlyon business school campuses each year and provide students with continuous access to the business community.
Graduate employment results
Naturally, no statistics are available related to recent graduates as the program is new. But you can refer to emlyon business school employability averages for our other Master’s programs. Taking the experience and historical data into account, you could reasonably expect:
- Employment rates of 90% within 6 months.
- A minimum average salary of €40/45k based on graduate salaries over the last few years for our MSc in programs.
- Geographic location: worldwide, with generally 70 % in France for the first job upon graduation, mostly in Paris.
Get to know how to choose the job you want
Upon completing the MSc in Digital Marketing & Data Science, you will become accomplished digital marketing professionals, able to manage and innovate in a data‐rich business environment. You will be well‐prepared to work in a sales or marketing department of startups or major brands in business to consumer or business to business environments.
You will also fit the requirements of:
- advertising agencies looking for marketing professionals knowledgeable about multichannel communication,
- consulting firms managing the digital transformation of their clients,
- digital media and technology companies looking for managers with a strong business background who are also familiar with their trade.
The skills developed with the program open large horizons as all companies are now challenged by data and digital disruptions. You will be prepared for specific positions in marketing and business updated to the digital era such as:
- Digital marketing manager
- Head of digital solutions
- Digital project manager
- Data analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Digital analyst
- Consultant or project manager in digital transformation
- Social media manager
- Online media planner
Applicants to the MSc in Digital Marketing & Data Science need to hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field.
Please note: 3-year Bachelor's degree may be accepted for excellent profiles, including French Bac +3.
Selection sessions run from November to July.
Should your application be complete, you will receive the admission board's final decision within 15 working days. Please send back your enrolment form within 10 working days after your admission results.
At emlyon business school, we take an applicant's entire potential into account. Elements like your motivation to pursue the MSc in Digital Marketing & Data Science, your background and career aspirations weigh just as heavily in our selection procedure.
You can apply through your personal space (program dashboard). You need to provide the following information:
- A résumé,
- Two recommendation letters (optional),
- A copy of an official valid identity card or passport,
- A certified copy of your most recent academic degree translated into English or French,
- Official management aptitude test score: GMAT, GRE, TAGE MAGE, CAT (optional),
- English proficiency test (optional).
We remind you this program is fully delivered in English. Therefore, English full proficiency is required for you to be admitted, follow courses and efficiently interact with the other members of the cohort. For the Admission Process, your English level will be evaluated taking into consideration 2 different fundamentals:
- Examination of all written and redactional elements within the application file
- emlyon business school's online digital tests
Applications fees: €120
All indicated fees include tuition, enrolment fees and lifelong membership of emlyon business school forever alumni network.
Extension of studies beyond the official length of the program is subject to payment of €500 administration fees per year.
About the School
Created in 1872 and based in Lyon, France, with multiple international campuses, emlyon business school is a top European business school devoted to lifelong learning for entrepreneurial and internati ... Read More