The Program of Academic Graduate Studies in Administration at the FGV EBAPE is composed of the MSc and Ph.D. in Administration. The courses are interconnected and share the same values and principles.
The main objective of the MSc in Administration is to provide students with solid conceptual and methodological training in this study field. The Program also has the purpose of preparing the student for a Ph.D., either at FGV EBAPE or another prestigious institution.
The Ph.D. in Administration aims to prepare the students for an academic career, training them to conduct high-quality research and disseminate research findings through published papers in leading journals in the field of administration and related areas.
FGV EBAPE’s MSc and the Ph.D. program has been awarded the highest grade by CAPES, and the School is accredited by EQUIS – EFMD, AACSB, and ICAPA.
Based on student´s academic performance and full-time dedication, the program grants scholarships which may be awarded by the University Level Staff Higher Education Coordination Unit (CAPES)*, the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq)* or FGV EBAPE itself.
The MSc and Ph.D. program offers four research tracks:
- Behavioral & Decision Sciences: Focus on individual decision-making processes.
- Strategy, Management & Organizations: Focus on processes at the organizational level.
- Finance: Focus on business economics, asset pricing, corporate finance, banking, and financial decision-making.
- Institutions, Policy, and Government: Focus on the institutional level and policy-making processes.
In order to enrich the academic experience, the graduate seminars promote relevant discussions as researchers are invited to present and discuss their recent research projects.
MSc in Administration
The 21 months program is structured as follows:
- 4 initial quarters, totalizing 26 credits (equivalent to 13 disciplines of 30 hours);
- Approval on the research project (5th quarter);
- Thesis defense (end of the 7th quarter);
Classes commence in January.
Ph.D. in Administration
The 48 months program is structured as follows:
- 8 initial quarters, totalizing 36 credits (equivalent to 18 disciplines of 30 hours);
- Approval on a conceptual paper (8th quarter);
- Submission and presentation of the dissertation project (12th quarter);
- Dissertation defense (end of the 4th year).
Additionally, students must publish at least one paper in an academic journal.
Classes commence in July.
The MSc and Ph.D.´s faculty is among the most productive in Brazil, with the largest number of papers published in journals rated as A1 by the University Level Staff Higher Education Coordination Unit (CAPES). Our professors also form the only group in Brazil to publish in the world’s leading journals of Marketing, Finance, Management, Public Administration and related areas, such as Political Science.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in any field of study are eligible to apply.
The selection process for MSC and Ph.D. in Administration has two phases:
Phase 1: Document Analysis
Applicants must complete an online application within the selection process period, upload the required documents, indicate two research tracks of preference and two referees and pay the application fee.
Phase 2: Interview
Approved applicants on phase 1 are invited for an interview in English.
- Identity document;
- CPF (Individual Taxpayers' ID);
- Passport (foreign candidates);
- Updated Curriculum Lattes/CNPq (http://lattes.cnpq.br);
- Undergraduate Diploma (In case of courses taken abroad, the document presented must be apostilled or consularized, as described by the Hague Convention, together with the notarized translation of the document);
- Candidates who are completing the Undergraduate Studies may present, at the time of the application, a declaration stating the expected time of course completion (issued no longer than 60 days before application). At the time of enrollment in the Graduate Program, candidates must present a Diploma or a declaration stating the date of graduation;
- Classification and score at one of the following exams:
- GMAT (minimum score: 600, expiry period: 3 years);
- GRE (minimum score: 155 in Verbal Reasoning, 155 in Quantitative reasoning, expiry period: 3 years);
- ANPAD (minimum percentile: 90%, expiry period: 2 years);
- ANPEC (minimum percentile: 90%, %, expiry period: 2 years).
- Certificate of Proficiency in English in one of the following exams:
- IELTS (minimum score: 6,5);
- TOEFL IBT (minimum score 90);
- Cambridge CEFR (minimum score: C1).
- Candidate´s Letter of motivation, in English, stating the reasons why he/she wishes to join the MSc or Ph.D. Program in Administration at EBAPE, research interests, and other aspects the candidate may consider relevant (two pages maximum);
- Two Recommendation letters, in English;
PhD Selection Process Schedule
Face-to-Face Information Session: February 3rd, 2020 at FGV EBAPE/Rio de Janeiro- Brazil.
Link for registration: https://www18.fgv.br/eventos/?P_EVENTO=4479
About the School
The first public administration school in Latin America, the Brazilian School of Public Administration at the Getulio Vargas Foundation (FGV/EBAP) was established in Rio de Janeiro on April 15, 1952 t ... Read More