Smallest of the Scandinavian countries, Denmark occupies the Jutland peninsula, a lowland area. The country also consists of several islands in the Baltic Sea; the two largest are Sjælland, the site of Copenhagen, and Fyn. Denmark ranks as having the world's highest social mobility, a high level of income equality, and has one of the world's highest per capita income. For 2013, Denmark is listed 15th on the Human Development Index and 9th on the inequality-adjusted HDI.
Denmark is a small Northern European country that provides a bridge between mainland Europe and the Scandinavian countries. The country has borders with Sweden to the north and Germany to the south and coastlines along both the North and Baltic Seas. Denmark has one of the highest standards of living in the world and was recently named as the most climate-friendly country in the world. Major industries include wind power, shipping and the manufacturing of machined parts, automobiles, toys and sporting goods.
Denmark has a temperate climate due to the proximity of the North and Baltic Seas. July is the hottest month, with temperatures averaging around 17 degrees C and February is the coldest month, with temperatures averaging around 0 degrees C. Nighttime and daytime temperatures do not vary significantly within the same day. Due to the country’s high latitude, days are very short during the winter, with only about 7-8 hours of daylight and are very long during the summer, with more than 18 hours of daylight.
Despite its small size, Denmark is filled with cultural activities and things to do, from art galleries, museums, gardens and ancient castles to zoos and modern amusement parks such as Legoland. The country is also considered the culinary capital of Scandinavia and open-faced sandwiches topped with everything from vegetables to fish are especially popular.
Cost of Living
Denmark is a fairly expensive country, due to the high standard of living. However, if a student budgets carefully, they can expect to pay around €800 to €1,100 per month for rent, utilities and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Aros Business AcademyMBA
- AVT Business SchoolMasterMBACourses
- Copenhagen Academy of Fashion DesignCourses
- Copenhagen Business SchoolMBA
- Copenhagen Institute of Interaction DesignMasterCourses
- Copenhagen University College of EngineeringBachelor
- Interaction Design FoundationOnline
- IT University of CopenhagenMasterBachelor
- Niels Brock Copenhagen Business CollegeMasterBachelor
- The Royal Danish Academy of MusicMaster
- TRUEMAX AcademyBachelorCourses
- University of CopenhagenMasterHealthcareOnline
- University of Southern DenmarkMasterBachelorHealthcare